Last Monday afternoon.... after work I drove to Bathurst with my lovely mum.
We went to a great workshop at Hatched and Patched with Sue Spargo.
Her quilts are even better up close and in the fresh.
I just LOVED the quilting in this one.
The embroidery in this one was just so beautiful.
This quilt represents the countries that Sue has been teaching over the many years.
(sorry for the bad picture).
This one was just as beautiful as the others.
In the workshop, Anni Downs sat next to me.... she was working on her master piece.
Tuesday night dinner was pizza... (yum) with Anni and her lovely family, Sue and Wendy (Sue's sister) with many others.
It was lovely to be able to sit with Sue and Anni to chat about sewing and quilting.
Anyway, happy quilting.
Sandy






what lovely work,so glad you had a great time Sandy
ReplyDeleteMust have been an amazing experience with Anni and Sue. Glad you had such a good time.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been fun Sandy! Sue and Anni in one night!
ReplyDeleteglad you enjoyed the workshop...........wished I had one closer as I would go........
ReplyDeleteWaow !! how lucky you are !! Sue Spargo makes so lovely quilts !! I saw her 2 yeras ago in Nantes... she's very nice !! And I don't talk aboutthe fact that you can go to Anni's shop when you like !!!
ReplyDeleteI hope to look at your work soon !
Florence
A very lucky duck!!! I love Sue Spargo's quilts...just beautiful. How lucky to be able to go to Homepatch when you like....very green here.
ReplyDeleteWhat some great inspiration from some great people ... looks like you had a fantastic time hugs Laurie
ReplyDeleteI went to Sues workshop two years ago had a fabulous time was booked in this year but had to cancel :(
ReplyDeleteI went to Sue's class in Ashburton in NZ mid Aug, and had a blast, love her wool quilts, and so enjoy the handwork creativity!
ReplyDeleteA Private Dinner with Great Tutors..Lucky You.
ReplyDeleteSue's works are Amazing...so Glad you had the chance to go.
Cheers